Online information evening: NLP and Health & Wellness Coaching - Tuesday 9th January 2018, 7pm
Please contact the office to register on 01 531 1150 or via the button below
This unique and innovative two year, blended learning practitioner training course combines our extremely popular CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching (VRQ) with our Diploma in Coaching and Behavioural Change in order to give graduates a highly effective set of skills and 3 individual professional qualifications which are ideally suited to the modern healthcare professional and to maximise income potential. Graduates are not only qualified to give comprehensive advice on diet and lifestyle to their clients but will also have the skills required to effectively help them to facilitate these changes, overcome barriers to change and improve health in the long term.
For those particularly interested in helping clients to change long held and defeating habits and beliefs, this unique 2 year diploma, written to UK level 4 (Irish level 6), gives graduates a highly effective set of skills and 3 individual professional qualifications ideally suited to the modern healthcare professional and to help maximise income potential on graduation. Includes:
- CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching (VRQ) (recognised by the CMA and FNTP)
- IHS Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching (recognised for 37 Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) by the International Coaching Federation – ICF). IHS is offering this in partnership with Real Balance Global Wellness Services, Inc
- IHS Certificate in NLP for Healthcare Professionals (recognised by the Association for NLP – ANLP)
- IHS Certificate in Stress Management, to help you address a key causative factor in many individuals’ health issues
“The Health & Wellness Coaching Course is one of the best courses I have ever attended. The structure and format of the course was excellent. The course content and delivery was both inspiring and challenging. I believe this course has application at a personal level when seeking an improved quality of life for oneself and at a group level whereby the coach can facilitate and support improved health and wellness for the general population both in communities and organisations. Thank you for bringing this course to Ireland it is very exciting to be part of a paradigm shift in how we view health and wellness”
Anne Marie Frizzell, Combined Diploma in Nutrition, Coaching and Behavioural Change Graduate
- Constantly updated material. All modules have a unit leader responsible for them. The role of the unit leader is to continually update the material delivered in lectures and online, set and mark assignments and to answer student queries on the forums. This keeps IHS material up to date using evidenced based research and the very latest theories in healthcare.
- Comprehensive and well structured study material supplied. Including presentation slides, written notes, case studies, video clips, quizzes and short answer questions and chances to reflect on your knowledge all designed to make the learning experience as interactive as possible
- Dynamic and interactive lecture weekends. Designed to suit all learning types and engage students in the learning process. Lecture weekends include a mixture of formal lectures, group discussion, group exercises, role play and case studies
- Expert lecturers. Lecturers include leading Nutritional Therapists, certified health and wellness coaches and an NLP Master Practitioner, giving our students access to a wealth of knowledge and experience from their first day of study
- The IHS commitment to pastoral care and student support. IHS have a dedicated student support officer to help struggling students or those with specific learning difficulties. We ensure that all students have access to both staff and peer support whilst studying with IHS
- 3 professional qualifications in one Diploma. Maximise your earnings potential with these skills and qualifications
- Flexible study options. Students can study in-class, online (NLP in-class only) or a combination of the two (blended learning)
- Help clients make a real, positive and long term difference to their lives. Qualify to not only give comprehensive advice on diet and lifestyle but also develop the skills required to effectively help clients to facilitate these changes in the long term, overcome barriers to change and improve their health
- Broaden your potential client base. This unique blend of qualifications enables you to work with any number of clients with a broad base of health goals
- Join practitioner registering associations and insure yourself to practice. Receive the benefits and support associated with belonging to professional bodies
Running in Dublin from September 2017, this unique and innovative two year, blended learning practitioner training course combines our popular CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching (VRQ) with our Diploma in Coaching and Behavioural Change.
- Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching. Here we examine food from farm to fork and discuss exactly how it is grown, processed - thus nutritionally depleted – and the cumulative effect this has on health. Students are then taught how to analyse a client’s individual needs and instructed how food, nutrients, supplements and lifestyle changes can be used to counteract modern lifestyles and promote optimum health, whilst using effective coaching skills.
- IHS Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching. Utilises the latest evidenced based behaviour change strategies to help empower individuals towards taking responsibility for their own health and adopting long term and effective health promoting lifestyle choices. Developed by Michael Arloski PhD, licensed psychologist and a founding father of the health coaching profession.
- IHS Certificate in NLP for Healthcare Professionals. Developed by a team of healthcare and NLP experts to ensure that you will develop practical new skills in understanding language and behaviour, identifying representational systems, anchoring, linguistics and rapport building that can be applied to any healthcare setting.
- IHS Certificate in Stress Management. This module takes a comprehensive and practical look at stress to ensure healthcare practitioners have the tools required to help clients manage one of the biggest contributing factors to chronic disease in the 21st century. The module covers the major causes and physiological impact of stress from both an orthodox and functional medicine perspective and gives students a comprehensive overview of the best evidence based stress management techniques (both ‘in the moment’ and long term) in. These include coaching for stress relief, relaxation and breathing exercises, mindfulness meditation, emotional freedom technique and self hypnosis. The content is designed to allow practitioners to give their clients practical tools to help manage stress but also know when and who to refer to should they need more specialist help. Dietary interventions to help support the nervous and endocrine systems will also be discussed in detail.
Year 1: Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Starting in September in Dublin and with 10 lecture weekends, this is the most popular way to complete the first year of the Diploma in Diet, Health and Wellness Coaching
Year 2: Diploma in Coaching and Behavioural Change.
With 9 lecture weekends (approximately one per month), students can commence with any of the 3 modules to suit their needs, giving a flexible learning experience
- Online (NLP in-class Dublin only):
With 3 available starting slots – September, January and May – studying the first year (Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching) online gives the flexibility to study wherever you are. You are assigned a Nutritional Therapist personal tutor to guide and mentor you through the course as well as online forums and tutorials to give you the support you need to successfully graduate.
As with in-class, students can commence with any of the 4 modules to suit their needs, giving a flexible learning experience.
- Blended Learning. Those students studying online are provided with a timetable of in-class lectures at the commencement of their studies so they can decide if and when they would like to attend lectures, workshops, cooking demonstrations, etc. for a small fee. This gives the flexibility of e-Learning with the benefits of attending lectures.
Students need to study approximately 10+ hours per week for the first year and 7+ hours per week for year 2.
All students are enrolled onto the IHS learning management system. Here you will find all course material, forums, quizzes, assessments etc in one place to help you organise your study and study material as efficiently as possible. You will also upload all assessments here and can also use it to communicate directly with module leaders, other members of staff and fellow students.
This diploma is a lifelong learning course and students are accepted on to this course through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience.
The minimum academic entry requirement for this course is a grade C at Junior Certificate or 4 GCSEs grades A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted. A background in healthcare is beneficial.
Applicants with Prior Learning and Experiential Prior Learning will also be considered. All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
€3295 for year 1, €2395 for year 2