Online information evening: Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching and Diploma in Coaching & Behavioural Change - Tuesday 10th October, 7pm
Please contact the office to register on 01 531 1150 or via the button below
At IHS we believe that our present health and future health is the sum of our genetics, diet, lifestyle choices, environment and emotions. As no two humans have exactly the same combination of the these factors, the symptoms suffered by one person may not have the same root cause as in someone else. We therefore consider that there is no one treatment option to resolve any common health concern in all sufferers.
We believe that a healthy, nutritious diet and health promoting lifestyle is the key to long-lasting health and vitality, and that every individual should aim for optimum, not average, health. Unfortunately, the standard Western diet and lifestyle, combined with genetic predisposition and unhelpful beliefs and behaviours mean that many of us suffer poor or substandard health for a large proportion of our lifetime.
Therefore, there is a distinct and very real need for nutrition and health experts who have been trained using the functional medicine and health and wellness coaching models in the West. We are committed to training our students to the highest standard so they are equipped to enter the healthcare arena and work with individuals to maximise their health potential.
At IHS we constantly monitor quality of education provision within the college based on the latest research in education. We use a combination of both teacher centred and student centred learning approaches, to ensure students feel confident in our expertise and supported in their studies, particularly at the beginning of their chosen course, but ensuring they leave IHS as independent thinkers and confident practitioners. We believe in utilising a variety of teaching styles, aids, techniques and multimedia resources to cater for all learning styles. We endorse a collaborative approach to course development, ensuring that a number of experts are consulted and a real need is identified for a new course before it is developed. We believe that exceptional education provision goes beyond the quality of course material and lecturers and therefore aim to provide students with outstanding pastoral care to complement their studies.
The Institute of Health Sciences Ltd is a private family owned Irish college providing higher education courses in the areas of nutrition, health coaching and associated lifestyle change within the UK and Ireland and to a broader audience with our online courses. It was originally founded to improve the provision of Nutritional Therapy education within Ireland but has subsequently expanded the number and variety of courses it offers. All IHS courses are underpinned by the principles of Functional Medicine and Health and Wellness Coaching as we believe that these models are best suited to address 21st century healthcare issues and to equip our graduates with the latest evidence based knowledge and skills required to work within an integrative healthcare environment.
- To provide a supportive and dynamic learning environment for all students whatever their age, background, or mode of attendance – designed to encourage students to achieve their potential and capitalise on their prior learning
- To be a centre of excellence for practitioner training in the areas of nutrition and health coaching
- To offer industry and academically endorsed practitioner and CPD courses in an increasing variety of integrative healthcare disciplines
- To provide innovative and industry relevant courses ideally suited to the 21st century healthcare environment
- To produce safe, effective and confident practitioners with a range of practical skills and competencies, underpinned by the latest evidence based research
- To raise the profile of those disciplines in which we teach in the UK, Ireland and internationally
- To seek the integration of nutritional therapy and health coaching within mainstream healthcare
- To provide continuing professional development opportunities for graduates and other healthcare professionals
- To promote lifelong learning and ongoing education opportunities for graduates and staff
We constantly review how best to encourage and promote staff development and growth throughout the entire IHS team, offering progression routes for those wishing to develop new skills and knowledge. We promote open and transparent communication within the IHS team and between that team and all our students, whatever their chosen mode of study. To this end we strive to:
- Engender commitment, accountability, integrity and partnership among staff and students in line with our principle objectives and education philosophy
- Communicate with staff and students fairly, respectfully and openly at all times
- Acknowledge and celebrate successes achieved by both staff and students
- Support staff to continue their education and lifelong learning
- Work as a team to promote excellence from students, staff and other stakeholders
- Implement systems that support staff and students to work effectively
- Create an environment where staff and students enjoy working and studying with us
IHS recognises that discrimination is unacceptable. Equality of opportunity has been a long-standing feature of our enrolment and employment practices and procedures as per our Equal Opportunities Policy (available on request). Breaches of the policy will lead to disciplinary proceedings and, if appropriate, disciplinary action. The aim of the policy is to ensure no applicant, employee or student is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or race. We will ensure that the policy is circulated to any 3rd parties responsible for our enrolment or recruitment and a copy of the policy will be made available for all employees & students and made known to all applicants for enrolment or employment. The policy will be communicated to all direct and indirect employees of the IHS reminding them of their responsibilities towards the equality of opportunity. It will be implemented in accordance with the appropriate statutory requirements and full account will be taken of all available guidance and in particular any relevant codes of practice We will maintain a neutral working and study environment in which no worker or student feels under threat or intimidated. IHS will expect external bodies/agencies with whom it does business to embody the same Equal Opportunities values in their treatment of its students and staff; and will communicate this expectation