Online information evening: NLP and Health & Wellness Coaching - Tuesday 9th January 2018, 7pm
Please contact the office to register on 01 531 1150 or via the button below
It’s St Patrick’s day tomorrow so how could we not put together a little Emerald Isle treat for you all! But we just couldn’t go green….there’ll be enough green smoothie/smoothie bowl action on social media tomorrow without us adding to the mix. So we thought hard about what we love about Ireland…..many, many things, but one of them being Guinness! And what we just love generally….(this one was not hard!) chocolate! And voila – we came up with these gorgeous, fun little ‘baby Guinness’ desserts. OK – we have to confess – there is no actual Guinness in there – but its Paddy’s day so just go and buy yourself a pint and have that too. To soften that last blow – these little beauties contain just 5 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make. You’re welcome ☺
Happy St Patrick’s Day one and all!
1 small can of coconut cream/creamed coconut (or the ‘cream’ off the top of a can of coconut milk as an alternative – don’t shake the milk if you are going for this option as you just need the thick layer off the top)
3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
¼ tsp of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of maple syrup/honey/coconut nectar
Small pot of coconut yoghurt
1. Put the coconut cream in a large bowl
2. Add the cacao powder, vanilla extract and natural sweetener of your choice
3. Mix the ingredients together until there are no lumps of cacao powder and you have a lovely thick and creamy consistency
4. Adjust the mixture to your texture/flavour preferences. Prefer a thicker mousse – add more cacao. Prefer a sweeter mousse – add more maple syrup etc
5. Pour the mixture into large shot glasses leaving about ½ inch gap at the top of the glass
6. Spoon over coconut yoghurt to the top of the glass to make it look like a mini pint of Guinness
If the mousse is too loose after step 5 then put the glasses in the fridge for 20-30 mins to stiffen before spooning the yoghurt on top.