Nutritional Therapists and Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaches are often self employed and work in private practice, either independently or as part of a complementary or integrated healthcare clinic. However, many therapists also incorporate other skills obtained from earlier careers or studies into their careers.
Not only is the demand for health coaching increasing in general, but in addition business owners are being forced to take the health and wellbeing of their employees seriously. From ‘perks’ including free meals, cycle-to-work schemes, and outdoor activities, to providing counselling sessions at the office, wellbeing initiatives and self-care schemes are being seen as conducive to employee productivity as well as personal happiness…there are many opportunities in corporate wellness right now.
Would you feel rewarded by helping people to:
- Avoid their genetic destiny by minimising their risks of cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, arthritis?
- Recover from illnesses such as chronic fatigue and go on to resume a normal life?
- Conceive naturally and birth a baby that goes on to become a healthy, intelligent adult?
- Avoid taking drugs for conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes?
- Maintain a healthy weight and feel bursting with energy?
- Manage learning and behavioural disorders to maximise these children’s potential?
- Deal with distressing digestive disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis?
If you answered yes to the above then a career in Nutritional Therapy or Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching may well be for you!
Current opportunities include:
- Graduates of the IHS Diplomas in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching & Nutritional Therapy can apply to become an associate of Patrick Holford’s zest4life weightloss & health programmes
- Private employment in clinics
- Education of the public, media, students and other health professionals
- Employment with supplement companies as nutrition advisors, product developers or sales advisors
- Employment in retail outlets (pharmacies, health stores etc.) as product advisors and technical sales
- Contributing to radio and TV programmes
- Postgraduate research to Masters level (Nutritional Therapists only)
- Training health food traders and other groups in industry
- Cooking demonstrations and classes
See more about what our graduates are up to here.