Nutritional Therapists, Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaches and Health & Wellness Coaches are often self employed and work in private practice, either independently or as part of a complementary or integrated healthcare clinic. However, many therapists also incorporate other skills obtained from earlier careers or studies into their careers.
Would you feel rewarded by helping people to:
- Avoid their genetic destiny by minimising their risks of cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, arthritis?
- Recover from illnesses such as chronic fatigue and go on to resume a normal life?
- Conceive naturally and birth a baby that goes on to become a healthy, intelligent adult?
- Avoid taking drugs for conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes?
- Maintain a healthy weight and feel bursting with energy?
- Manage learning and behavioural disorders to maximise these children’s potential?
- Deal with distressing digestive disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis?
If you answered yes to the above then a career in Nutritional Therapy, Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching or Health & Wellness Coaching may well be for you!
Current opportunities include:
- Graduates of the IHS Diplomas in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching & Nutritional Therapy can apply to become an associate of Patrick Holford’s zest4life weightloss & health programmes
- Private employment in clinics
- Education of the public, media, students and other health professionals
- Employment with supplement companies as nutrition advisors, product developers or sales advisors
- Employment in retail outlets (pharmacies, health stores etc.) as product advisors and technical sales
- Contributing to radio and TV programmes
- Postgraduate research to Masters level (Nutritional Therapists only)
- Training health food traders and other groups in industry
- Cooking demonstrations and classes
See more about our graduates here