Learn highly effective techniques to help you and your clients overcome personal barriers to change and limiting attitudes and beliefs.
Next starting date January 2019
About the course
This 3 month practitioner training course has been developed by a team of healthcare and NLP experts to ensure that you will develop practical new skills in understanding language and behaviour that can be applied to any healthcare setting.
NLP is a powerful change management tool that transforms the way people think and act. It explores the relationships between how we think (neuro), how we communicate with ourselves and others (linguistic) and our patterns of behaviour (programming). Within healthcare the skill of effective communication is vital to both support and elicit lasting change. It is often not enough to know what is best for your client; it is also key to have the skills required to assess the most appropriate way to communicate this to each client and help them work through and overcome any barriers to change. Your own attitudes and belief system can also impact enormously on your success or failure both personally and professionally. This IHS NLP training offers you the opportunity to gain the appropriate attitude, beliefs and skill-sets to communicate most effectively with every client in a way that is easily understood, motivates towards change and is successfully integrated into their lives. Graduates can become officially recognised as certified NLP Practitioners by the ANLP, an independent and global governing body of NLP.
The course includes lectures, practical exercises and case studies that will consolidate your learning and give you the confidence to use your new skills to improve your relationships, be that the therapeutic relationship, your business or personal relationships or – perhaps most importantly – your relationship with yourself.
Why choose the Practitioner Certificate in NLP?
This unique practitioner training certificate is suitable for anyone interested in using NLP to enhance their communication skills, improve personal effectiveness and gain a greater understanding of how the mind works and is specially tailored for those who intend to utilise this unique skill-set in the area of promoting health and wellness. Feedback from graduates of this popular training has been excellent with many reporting vastly improved confidence to utilise their existing knowledge and skillset as well as being able to communicate more effectively with others to bring about positive change.
- Train with an experienced and highly regarded NLP trainer. Your NLP trainer for this course has over a decade of experience as a practitioner of NLP and has been trained to the highest level by several of the biggest names in NLP including two of the co-founders of NLP and other Master Trainers of NLP. His passion and enthusiasm for the subject and his unique style of delivery has gained him an excellent reputation among students for delivering highly interactive, engaging and inspiring trainings.
- Comprehensive and well structured study material supplied. Including presentation slides, written notes, case studies, video clips, quizzes and short answer questions and chances to reflect on your knowledge all designed to make the learning experience as interactive as possible
- Dynamic and interactive lecture weekends. Designed to suit all learning types and engage students in the learning process. Lecture weekends include a mixture of formal lectures, group discussion, group exercises and role play
- The IHS commitment to pastoral care and student support. IHS have a dedicated student support officer to help struggling students or those with specific learning difficulties. We ensure that all students have access to both staff and peer support whilst studying with IHS
- Become a fully licensed NLP Practitioner. Start to work with clients immediately helping them to make beneficial changes in their lives easily and effortlessly with NLP. Many common problems such as phobias, unwanted behaviours and bad habits can be successfully managed quickly and effectively using the skills you will learn on this course.
- Especially suitable for those working in the field of health & wellness, coaching or behavioural change or for those interested in self development for personal and professional reasons.
- Practice in confidence – Practitioner insurance options available on successful graduation
- Develop a unique and diverse skill set – study NLP alongside our other industry recognised IHS courses to maximise your effectiveness as an integrative healthcare professional
What will I study?
The course involves in-depth training in a number of key NLP skills including
- The Foundations of NLP – The core models it is all built on
- Sensory Acuity – How to enhance your awareness and fine tune your intuition
- Rapport – The key to successful communication and influence
- Representational Systems – How we re-present the external world and internalise it through our 5 senses
- Submodalities – The real language of the brain
- Language Patterns – A cornerstone of excellent communication
- Anchoring – How emotional feelings can be linked to specific stimuli
- Strategies – The unconscious process of how we do what we do, how we create our behaviour
- Parts – The key to resolving internal conflict and overcoming indecision
- Reframing – How changing the meaning of something can change how we feel about the same thing
- Goals – Learn the goal design model that helps you find out what you or your client really wants and ensure that the goal is formed in a manner that it is most likely to be achieved. Use NLP skills to align both the conscious and unconscious mind toward achieving goals
Please contact us for lecture plans.
How is this course structured?
This course is run over 4 weekends plus comprehensive home study. Students will be required to take an open book exam after completion of their home study manual as proof that they have read and understood the material. This is completed in their own time but must be completed and passed prior to attending in class workshops.
Lecture weekends will be held over 4 weekends in January and February 2019. Dates are as follows:
- 12th and 13th January
- 26th and 27th January
- 9th and 10th February
- 23rd and 24th February
All students are enrolled onto the IHS learning management system. Here you will find forums, quizzes, assessments etc in one place to help you organise your study as efficiently as possible. You will also upload all assessments here and can also use it to communicate directly with module leaders, other members of staff and fellow students.
This qualification can be combined with any other IHS diploma or certificate course to help you develop a unique and effective set of integrative healthcare skills.
This certificate is a lifelong learning course and students are accepted on to this course through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience.
Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this course is a grade C at Junior Certificate or 4 GCSEs grades A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted. A background in healthcare is beneficial.
Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
Applicants with Prior Learning and Experiential Prior Learning will also be considered. All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
All applicants will be interviewed to determine their suitability for the course
Early Bird Offer of only €995. Enrol before 1st December and save €200
Early Bird Offer of only €1095. Enrol before 1st January and save €100
Bring a friend and save a further €50 each! Do you know someone who might also be interested in this course? Sign up together quoting the JOINT REGISTRATION SPECIAL and receive a further €100 of the combined cost of both trainings.
Instalment plans available. Contact us for details