What is a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach? Nutrition & Lifestyle / Health Coaches work with their clients to make healthy eating and lifestyle changes by using a combination of their personalised nutrition and lifestyle expertise along with coaching and communication skills
About the course
This internationally recognised and accredited Ofqual regulated UK level 4 (Irish level 6) science based nutrition and health coaching course is perfectly balanced between science-based theory and practical skills development. In just 10 months you will qualify to support individuals towards healthier lifestyle changes using dietary analysis, meal planning, personalised diet & nutrition and health recommendations, coaching, consultation skills and more.
You will learn:
- The secrets to longevity and how to apply them to one’s own life and those of others, including both healthy eating and lifestyle
- How to create personalised, varied, nutritious and tasty meal plans suitable for a range of clients
- The strengths and weaknesses of current dietary trends such as Paleo, Mediterranean, intermittent fasting etc
- How to produce effective and personalised lifestyle recommendations for clients with varying lifestyles and daily demands
- How to take effective health coaching sessions
- Coaching skills designed to help you motivate and guide your clients towards their own optimum wellness
- And graduate with an extensive practitioner toolkit, including consultation paperwork, client fact sheets, questionnaires and assessment tools and comprehensive training on how to use them
On your study journey with IHS you will be:
- Fully supported by an expert personal tutor who is there to guide and help answer any questions that you may have throughout the course
- Monitored using regular and varied continuous assessments (including case studies) and feedback to effectively build knowledge, confidence and consultation skills. There are no exams
- On your own journey of self-development. This course can be personally and professionally life-changing for students and those around them!
“This is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Of all the places I have studied I have never been alongside such passionate people, they really walk their talk and give you the skills and confidence in creating a career as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach. I loved the first year so much that I have continued on to study Nutritional Therapy I have met friends for life and love their family-oriented approach as you are not just a number like in other colleges. If you are passionate about health and helping people this is the course for you.” Rachael Bolger, Graduate
Read More: Where has this Diploma taken Our Graduates?
I am already a qualified nutritionist, can I just gain the coaching skills to improve my success rates?
Yes! Please see the IHS Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching
Why choose the CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching?
- Our online nutrition course is designed with your success in mind. It builds knowledge and skills in everything you need to practice, including nutrition, lifestyle management, coaching and career development.
- IHS’s extensive and expert team of educators and practitioners, here to share their extensive practical knowledge and expertise in nutrition and coaching with you.
- You will be guided throughout your journey to becoming a Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach by your personal tutor, an experienced and practicing nutrition practitioner.
- The specially devised course layout and support structure designed to help adult learners accommodate study alongside an already busy life including regular webinar tutorials and Q&As.
- Assurance of academic quality. This course is regulated by OFQUAL (UK level 4) and on the UK Education Framework, ensuring you can be confident in the quality and recognition of your course.
- Our up to date, research based and practical course material means IHS graduates can be confident in the quality of service they provide to clients.
- The comprehensive practitioner toolkit you will receive on graduation designed to help kick start your career and practice.
- To become part of our growing global Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching community with private graduate Facebook group to help your new career take off.
- Take advantage of the support and networking opportunities provided after graduation from Facebook groups and newsletters to CPD courses and networking events.
- Graduates in the UK, Ireland and many other European countries can easily register and insure themselves to practice as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach upon graduation, including membership of the UK Health Coaches Association (UKHCA) – now open to all international students and graduates – please see our scope of practice
IHS graduate confident and competent graduates ready for a successful career as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Health Coach
“It is amazing how alert and energised I feel since beginning the program. I found picking a small number of goals to start and increasing them as the weeks passed less overwhelming and easier to follow through. Lynne e-mailed and texted to see how I was getting on as the weeks progressed. Also sending on some interesting recipes and the introduction of coconut oil which is a big hit with not just me but the rest of the family. My starting weight was 187lbs. within the two months it’s down to 174lbs.” Testimonial of Arlene, Client of Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching Graduate
Read More: Student & Graduate Testimonials
What will I study?
There are 12 units in total:
- Introduction to Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
- Food Groups
- Micronutrients and Phytonutrients
- Energy Balance
- Farm to Fork: Food Production and Quality
- Optimising Nutrition in Practice
- Nutrition for Wellness and Longevity
- Lifestyle for Wellness and Longevity
- Personalised Nutrition and Lifestyle for Individuals
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching in Practice
- Building a Successful NLC Career
How is this course structured?
With 3 available starting slots – September, January and May – studying online gives the flexibility to study wherever you are. Students can attend as many optional online lecture weekends as they wish for no extra charge – those starting in January or May are welcome to attend later lectures for revision purposes, as they run with the September intake.
Study Hours Required
10+ per week (including webinars, lecture weekends, assessments, etc).
What if I need to put the course on hold?
Simply finish the unit you are on, take the time you need and then join a later cohort – just as long as you’re back within 2 years, this is no problem (please note that multiple deferrals may attract a re-enrolment fee).
This is a lifelong learning qualification and students are accepted through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience
Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this nutrition certification is 4 grade Cs at Leaving Certificate or an A-Level grade A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted.
Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
Interview required for this course
10 monthly payments total:
€3,495 / £2,995
1 or 2 payments - save €200 / £200:
€3,295 / £2,795
Includes €395 / £395 enrolment fee, not including dietary analysis software – special discounted rate for IHS students