Nutrition & Lifestyle / Health Coaches work with their clients to make healthy eating and lifestyle changes by using a combination of their personalised nutrition and lifestyle expertise along with wellness coaching and communication skills
Enrolments close 5th October to start now
About the course
This internationally recognised and accredited Ofqual regulated UK level 4 (Irish level 6) science based nutrition and health coaching course is perfectly balanced between science-based theory and practical skills development, with live, online lectures, workshops and tutorials (recorded for those who cannot attend). In just 10 months you will qualify to support individuals towards healthier lifestyle changes using dietary analysis, meal planning, personalised diet & nutrition and health recommendations, coaching skills and more.
You will learn:
- The secrets to longevity and how to apply them to one’s own life and those of others, including both healthy eating and lifestyle
- How to create personalised, varied, nutritious and tasty meal plans suitable for a range of clients
- The strengths and weaknesses of current dietary trends such as Paleo, Mediterranean, intermittent fasting etc
- How to produce effective and personalised lifestyle recommendations for clients with varying lifestyles and daily demands
- How to take effective health coaching sessions
- Coaching skills designed to help you motivate and guide your clients towards their own optimum wellness
- And graduate with an extensive practitioner toolkit and comprehensive training on how to use it
On your study journey with IHS you will be:
- Fully supported by an expert personal tutor who is there to guide and help answer any questions that you may have throughout the course
- Monitored using regular and varied continuous assessments (including case studies) and feedback to effectively build knowledge, confidence and consultation skills. There are no exams
- On your own journey of self-development. This course can be personally and professionally life-changing for students and those around them!
Read more: How we teach
“This is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Of all the places I have studied I have never been alongside such passionate people, they really walk their talk and give you the skills and confidence in creating a career as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach. I loved the first year so much that I have continued on to study Nutritional Therapy I have met friends for life and love their family-oriented approach as you are not just a number like in other colleges. If you are passionate about health and helping people this is the course for you.” Rachael Bolger, Graduate
Read more: Where has this Diploma taken our Graduates?
For current healthcare practitioners looking to add health coaching to their practice, please see the Certificate in Health Coaching
Why choose the CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching?
With 3 intakes a year, feel secure that you can pause your studies and come back in a few months to carry on (completion of course required within 2 years of your original start date)
With over 400 hours of practical guided learning across 10 months, this course is expertly designed with your success in mind. It builds evidence-based skills and knowledge in everything you will need for a successful practice, including lifestyle management, nutrition, coaching skills and career development.
- Educate, coach and advise: unlike many health coaching qualifications where graduates cannot offer personalised advice to clients, our unique scope of practice qualifies our nutrition and lifestyle coaches to offer personalised recommendations – in nutrition, lifestyle and specified nutritional supplements, all based on comprehensive nutrition and lifestyle analysis.
- Learn from the best: our expert team of practitioners and educators are there to share their extensive practical knowledge in coaching and nutrition.
- Personal tutor support: Your guide throughout your whole journey with us to becoming a nutrition and lifestyle coach.
- Interactive and flexible learning environment: Designed to support busy adult learners, with 6 live, online lecture weekends plus regular webinar tutorials and Q&A sessions (recorded for those who cannot attend).
- 3 intakes a year: Feel secure you can pause your studies and return in a few months (completion of course required within two years of original start date).
- Academic Gold Standard: This course is regulated by OFQUAL (UK level 4, Irish level 6) and on the UK education framework, ensuring you can be confident in its global recognition and quality.
- Comprehensive Practitioner Toolkit: Is yours upon graduation with regular updates and additions via the Graduate Support Network. Over 90 client information sheets, including questionnaires, consent & privacy forms and recipes & recommendation templates.
- Join our global graduate community: Offering ongoing inspiration and support to help your new career flourish.
- Get Registered and Insured: Register and insure yourself to practice as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach through bodies such as the Complementary Medical Association (CMA), Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners (FNTP), Balens Insurance and BGi.uk.
IHS graduate confident and competent graduates ready for a successful career as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Health Coach
“It is amazing how alert and energised I feel since beginning the program. I found picking a small number of goals to start and increasing them as the weeks passed less overwhelming and easier to follow through. Lynne e-mailed and texted to see how I was getting on as the weeks progressed. Also sending on some interesting recipes and the introduction of coconut oil which is a big hit with not just me but the rest of the family. My starting weight was 187lbs. within the two months it’s down to 174lbs.” Testimonial of Arlene, Client of Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching Graduate
Read more: Student & Graduate Testimonials
Take the next step today
You’re welcome to pick up the phone to us anytime, or talk to us on the webchat anywhere on our website.
Schedule a Callback
Take a Free Class
What will I study?
There are 12 units in total:
Introduction to Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
Micronutrients and Phytonutrients
Farm to Fork: Food Production and Quality
Optimising Nutrition in Practice
Nutrition for Wellness and Longevity
Lifestyle for Wellness and Longevity
Personalised Nutrition and Lifestyle for Individuals
Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching in Practice
Building a Successful Career
How is this course structured?
This course is 100% online with the advantage of live online lecture weekends, Q&A sessions and tutorials
With 3 available starting slots – January, May and September – studying online gives the flexibility for you to study wherever you are.
Study Hours Required
Approximately 10 hours per week (including tutorials, lectures, assessments, etc).
Combine this qualification with the IHS Diploma in Transformational Coaching to gain the UK Health Coaches Association Approved Combined Diploma in Nutrition, Lifestyle and Transformational Coaching
This is a lifelong learning qualification and students are accepted through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience
Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this nutrition certification is 4 grade Cs at Leaving Certificate or an A-Level grade A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted.
For people where English is not their first language:
- IELTS score of 6 or above, or
- Demonstration of another course delivered in English, or
- Demonstration of everyday use
Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
Interview required for this course
10 monthly payments total:
€3,995 / £3,395
1 payment - save €300 / £300:
€3,695 / £3,095
2 payments - save €100 / £100:
€3,895 / £3,295
Includes €395 / £395 enrolment fee, not including dietary analysis software – special discounted rate for IHS students