This course is designed to offer practical, research-based information to anyone wishing to understand more about different models of plant-based eating, whether you are an individual embarking on change or a healthcare professional wishing to better understand and support your clients.
Enrol now for immediate start
About the course
The world is changing and so are the foods we eat. There is a shift towards more plant-based eating with an estimated 19% of the World population now identifying as either vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian.
A further 1 in 3 people are cutting down on, or eliminating, meat from their diets. This is a fast-growing global phenomenon and one that forecasters predict is here to stay. Individuals are choosing plant-based diets for health, animal welfare and environmental reasons. Whatever the motive, it is vital that those shifting to a plant-based lifestyle understand the key elements required to optimise health.
We will explore:
- The different approaches to plant-based eating: vegetarianism, veganism, flexitarianism and plant-slant
- The potential health benefits of a plant-based diet
- Maximising nutrient intake on a plant-based diet
- The individual and powerful health benefits of a variety of plant foods
- Optimising your diet, including fermenting, sprouting and eating a rainbow
- Becoming more plant-based: practical support with meal planning, cooking, shopping and eating out
All students and graduates can access our closed Facebook group and join a community of like-minded individuals to share recipes, advice, ideas, resources and much more
Online, self-paced study, 6 months to complete
50-100 learning hours
Interactive learning & tutor support