This course is designed to offer practical, research-based information to anyone wishing to understand more about different models of plant-based eating, whether you are an individual embarking on change or a healthcare professional wishing to better understand and support your clients.
About the course
Enrol today using the code CPD20 on your enrolment form for 20% off fees for this course
The world is changing and so are the foods we eat. There is a shift towards more plant-based eating with an estimated 19% of the World population now identifying as either vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian.
A further 1 in 3 people are cutting down on, or eliminating, meat from their diets. This is a fast-growing global phenomenon and one that forecasters predict is here to stay. Individuals are choosing plant-based diets for health, animal welfare and environmental reasons. Whatever the motive, it is vital that those shifting to a plant-based lifestyle understand the key elements required to optimise health.
We will explore:
- The different approaches to plant-based eating: vegetarianism, veganism, flexitarianism and plant-slant
- The potential health benefits of a plant-based diet
- Maximising nutrient intake on a plant-based diet
- The individual and powerful health benefits of a variety of plant foods
- Optimising your diet, including fermenting, sprouting and eating a rainbow
- Becoming more plant-based: practical support with meal planning, cooking, shopping and eating out
All students and graduates can access our closed Facebook group and join a community of like-minded individuals to share recipes, advice, ideas, resources and much more
Online, self-paced study, 6 months to complete
50-100 learning hours
Interactive learning & tutor support