It is also a great meal for throwing a rainbow of vegetables at – anything you have in the fridge really. We love it with brown basmati rice but it would work just as well spooned over a baked sweet potato or with baked potato/sweet potato wedges.
- 1 dried smoked chipotle or ancho chilli
- 1/2 a fresh red chilli
- 1 red onion
- 1tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 big bunch of fresh coriander
- Olive oil
- 2 mixed-colour peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans, drained
- 700g passata
- Put the chillies, peeled and roughly diced red onion, paprika, garlic, coriander and cumin seeds into a food processor and process until fine.
- Gently heat the olive oil in a pan, then add the mixture, gently fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently
- Add the passata, cauliflower, peppers, chickpeas and black beans, a pinch of salt and pepper, stir well and put the lid on. Cook until the cauliflower is just tender, serve with brown rice, topped with yoghurt or creme fraiche and avocado salsa.
- 2 ripe firm avocados
- 8 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- a few drops Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones, cut each half in half again, peel & chop into 1cm cubes, finely chop the red onion, half or quarter the tomatoes, mix with the other ingredients.
- Cover & leave for an hour out of the fridge for the flavours to mingle.